[Dshield] Security CD's, Quick Look Win 2k

Glenn Jarvis gaj at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 13 12:49:04 GMT 2004

John mentioned...

> His assertion about the term of the free trial of the EZ LE armor
> software is at odds with what CA itself claims which is as follows:
>
> "Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software
> subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor-LE Antivirus and Firewall
> security suite. Valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not
> to be combined with any other offer. Customers may elect to upgrade to
> eTrust EZ Armor with enhanced firewall functionality. Annual
> subscriptions can be renewed after first year at current renewal rate.
> Free software offer expires 2/1/05."

I came across this offer by accident while trying to find a replacement
to my ISP's offer (which is 5.95 *2 * 15% tax, monthly). It's been
running here ever since and has done a perfect job. Updates every night
, and when they notify me there is a another one, I do the autodownload
again manually (just to be safe). The firewall works great (it's
identical to ZoneAlarm) and quite honestly I think it already has the
enhanced functionality. I just received the MS CD last week, although my
system is already up to date. The renewal rate if I remember correctly
for EzArmour is $49.95(US) a year. I still have 9 to 10 months left to
decide about the renewal :-)

Glenn