[Dshield] Recommendations for free firewall and free anti-virus software

Preston Morris, Jr. PMorrisJr at pmccpa.com
Tue Apr 13 17:33:27 GMT 2004

This is a very basic question and I'm sure this won't spark too much
discussion, but what are the best free firewalls and the best free
anti-virus packages?

I am fairly familiar with ZoneAlarm and BlackICE Defender, but I wanted
to find out if there were any other firewalls out there to put on a
Win2000 box that you would recommend.

Also, what are the best free anti-virus software packages? I'm not as
familiar with these, as I've had much more experience with NAV and
McAfee/NAI.

Thanks for your help.

Preston Morris, Jr.
System13 Solutions, LLC