[Dshield] Change windows local passwords remotely

Yungel, Peter Peter.Yungel at eclipsys.com
Wed Apr 14 17:31:59 GMT 2004

Matt;

            I was trying to reply to the email at:
http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2004-March/030779.php
<http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2004-March/030779.php>  however I
wasn't able to. I am looking to do the same thing that Danny is trying to
do. I need code that will change local passwords of users on a network. My
goal is to be able to build a program that will survey our network for
computers (that piece I have already built), test the Admin account on each
computer trying to see if I can log in with a standard password. If I can
log into the box, I need to be able to change the password to a stronger
password.

            Do you have source code that can do this or can you point me in
some direction? I am currently building my application in c#.

Thanks,

Peter Yungel

Eclipsys Corporation

678-256-4709

NOTICE: This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer
system.