[Dshield] Change windows local passwords remotely

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Apr 14 19:25:26 GMT 2004

"Yungel, Peter" wrote:

> Matt;
>
>             I was trying to reply to the email at:
> http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2004-March/030779.php
> <http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2004-March/030779.php>  however I
> wasn't able to. I am looking to do the same thing that Danny is trying to
> do. I need code that will change local passwords of users on a network. My
> goal is to be able to build a program that will survey our network for
> computers (that piece I have already built), test the Admin account on each
> computer trying to see if I can log in with a standard password. If I can
> log into the box, I need to be able to change the password to a stronger
> password.
>
>             Do you have source code that can do this or can you point me in
> some direction? I am currently building my application in c#.

There are a ton of very good 'hacker tools' for doing just what you are proposing. (Legion, NAT, and L0phtcrack comes to mind as good starting points.) Most rely on null sessions for their exploits. Haven't kept up with all of them, but get a copy of the latest "Hacking Exposed" and "Hacking Windows Exposed" for some guidance.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Jon
--
Jon R. Kibler