[Dshield] Several fixes available for critical vulnerabilitiesinMS IE and various flavours of MS Windows

Joseph Stahley 3rd jestahley3 at cox.net
Fri Apr 16 17:36:20 GMT 2004

I had the same problem with my laptop I was setting up. It took close to 2
hours for this patch to download and install and I'm on a cable modem. I
can't even get AV software installed  without getting the message
"Administrator Rights prohibit installation of this program", and I was
logged in as Administrator.Has my laptop been "Hijacked" by some sort of
worm or virus I can't tell because I have ran the Norton AV Rescue with
latest Virus defs and nothing shows up? Any other ideas before I try more
drastic measures like another Low level format or even a wipe disk to
hopefully clean what ever it is on my drive.

Thanks,

Joe