[Dshield] Several fixes available for criticalvulnerabilitiesinMS IE and various flavours of MS Windows

Security@TCS security at thijsseling.nl
Fri Apr 16 20:47:34 GMT 2004

I'm still not sure what causes the problem: after seeing the problem when
installing on a server (W2k) I decided not to restart right away, but after
a while the whole network went down.... Had to restart after all during
working hours and took abt half an hour for everything to get back in
place....
The other 2 systems were brandnew notebooks with Windows XP pro and having
the same problem; had to quit patching....
My own system (Windows XP pro) didn't have any problems at all!
Guess we have to wait till MS comes up with a patch for this

Meanwhile I read somewhere that MS suggested to install the patch from the
downloadpage instead of using Windows update.... I just did that on 1
notebook and it didn't cause any problems..... Could it be so simple?

Henny