[Dshield] Need some help on "spam" report

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Tue Apr 20 14:05:40 GMT 2004

If you maintain your server mail logs, it should be easy enough to see if the
posting transited your server, and if so, you can disable the account that sent
the posting to the newsgroups indicated.
.Look for the time frame of Posting-Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:01:04 +0000 (UTC.
It may well be possible that your mail server did not transit that mail, since
it was a posting to a Yahoo group direct from the web.   According to the yahoo
headers, the poster was accessing the group from your IP via a web browser.
This can be spoofed (I think)

If your mail server cannot be used for browsing purposes, and there is no
record of a transaction in your mail logs, it would be prudent to so advise
your ISP so that you do not lose your service or get added to one or more of
the hundreds of blacklists.

Just do not ignore the complaint.

Doug

We can get rid of spam on your domain! , Anti-spam solutions
http://www.clickdoug.com/mailfilter.cfm