[Dshield] Teaching teenagers Computers: What should Icover?

Richard Roy Richard.Roy at justicetrax.com
Tue Apr 20 14:53:08 GMT 2004

Excellent idea to teach and give a little back to the community. Hat's
off to you for making the effort.
May I suggest a little 'net etiquette, or some computing ethics be
thrown in there.  Things about stealing software or cracked versions or
even file swapping, not only from a security standpoint but also from
the ethical and legal standpoint.  Kids usually feel like "it can't
happen to me" yet the recent RIAA lawsuits (like them or not) have
proved otherwise to many a surprised teen and/or their parents.  If you
can get even one of them to understand then you will have made a
difference.  Again I applaud your effort.

Rich