[Dshield] Several fixes available for critical vulnerabilitiesinMS IE and...

WMAVT@aol.com WMAVT at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 18:00:44 GMT 2004

Just My Two Cents!!

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people Keep using software that
will ALWAYS have Security Issues!
 If you have not figured out yet that most of these problems Were and ARE
Still Built In [back doors for M$ and anyone that works with M$] To M$ programs,
IE and Outlook being the worst!!
1 good example of a program that few know about that is Spyware is MSCONFIG,
If you are relying on just a firmware Firewall is in Routers or for gods sakes
winXps firewall YOU will never Know how many M$ programs sent info when ever
they want to. If you change your Monitor Settings on a winXp Box M$ and your
Vid Card manufacture know about it in a New York Second.
         Two things to do Get a Good Bidirectional Firewall and RIP IE and
OUTLOOK out of your box. You can put IE back if you really believe it is a good
browser, The difference is that It will NOT be PART OF THE SHELL!!!!
         Go here and learn how to beat M$ or annoys Spyware OS's.
                http://www.litepc.com/
  snip - "XPlite and 2000lite are powerful configuration utilities for
Windows creating a modular Windows operating system where YOU are in control"

 snip- "98lite!

98lite is our unique system utility to customize and tweak Windows9x for
performance and embedded computers. Free demo available!
Use 98Lite to surgically add and remove Windows features, speed up your
desktop and boot times and totally remove technology you Dont want or need.
98Lite is great for running Windows under emulation on LINUX or Macs. The
penguin has never run windows so fast."
        Oh and the Speed, Just this is worth the look,
            Windows 98 booting from 16MB Compact Flash on a Jumptec single
board PC with 3MB FREE space - NO compression, NO ramdrive!!
       Please do not think I am advertising, I AM NOT! I have just gotten
very tired of endless hours of fixing Bugs that I know are not truly Fixes. If
they were Fixes Dont you think They would call them FIXES Not Patches? I can
Patch an inter tube, If I want it FIXED I rip that bad Tube out and put in a NEW
One!!!
         I have Had to uninstall 3 so-called "HotFixes" do to extreme CPU
usage after the M$ so-called FIX
        I also so would recommend GoBack, system admins and take any computer
back remotely saving hours of time, I have all of my boxes set to Auto GoBack
at 12 midnight. I do not care if one of the fools that use these boxes messes
it up. I know that it will be working perfectly at the start of the next
workday. There are so many ways to back up daily work cheaply now it just does not
make any sense to not have all boxes fresh every morning.
                         Hope this helps some, Sorry for running On
                                             Have fun Bill