[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Wed Apr 21 17:02:54 GMT 2004

I have a sbcglobal (sbcglobal, prodigy, yahoo) account and while they are
adding x-headers, they are blocking nothing other than virus mail.   I receive
a ton of spam from compromised dynamic boxes on that account.

That said, I do have a mail server on static IP numbers hosting 133 domains and
routinely block all dynamically assigned IP numbers worldwide.   If requested
by a client, I do whitelist specific servers which can be trusted. 99% of spam
we block has its origin from compromised boxes on dynamic IP numbers.

We can get rid of spam on your domain! , Anti-spam solutions
http://www.clickdoug.com/mailfilter.cfm