[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Joseph Stahley 3rd jestahley3 at cox.net
Thu Apr 22 01:40:34 GMT 2004

I'm a Cox Home user with a network behind a router, and I don't see email
dropping, Cox now has a spam filter you can setup on their customer service
site to filter out spam, maybe you should go there to check your setting.
Also check your email client software, it could be your filtering there as
well along with their default spam filter settings on the customer service
site. I live in San Diego, CA so my smtp address is smtp.west.cox.net and
pop is pop.west.cox.net. Depending where you live you may want to check
those settings as well. Also If I am not mistaken port 25 is blocked for
home user accounts, in order to use email servers you have to have a
business class connection, I think they put this in place to try to reduce
spamming within Cox domains from rogue email servers.

Joe