[Dshield] Vulnerability Issues in TCP

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 10:44:06 GMT 2004

Greetings, List,

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but,
notwithstanding the AP news stories about this
"vulnerability," is this not a problem with the
IMPLEMENTATION of TCP rather than a problem with the
underlying protocol itself?

Does this not require the same resources and expertise
as any "man in the middle" attack?

Quite a few people I know are getting spun up about
how we have to "rework" TCP now...I actually have
people asking me when the "patch for TCP" will be
released by "the vendor."

So, am I missing something, or does FUD cover this
issue like brown on rice?

Regards,
Pete