[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Thu Apr 22 12:52:11 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 11:44 am, Laura Vance wrote:
> Is there any way to get ISP's (prodigy and sbcglobal
> (I believe they're the same company now)) to implement a better way of
> spam blocking than just the wholesale blacklist of IPs simply because
> they are dynamic?

Why not config your server to use a relay with proper revdns on a static IP?
Seems like this would be easier than asking several companies, who are
honestly trying to control UCE, to change their policies so that you can run
a server from home. Or, pay for a static IP and revdns. Problem solved.

--
Mark Tombaugh <mtombaugh at alliedcc.com>
Allied Computer Corporation <http://www.alliedcc.com>