[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Laura Vance vancel at winfreeacademy.com
Thu Apr 22 15:35:19 GMT 2004

This is what I ended up doing last night when I got home.  I thought I
replied to another email where it was suggested, but I guess I didn't.

It also seems like from a couple of the replies, that some are a touch
hostile to me even asking if it was possible.  My intent was not to
irritate anyone, and I apologize if I did.  I was mainly trying to find
out if it was possible.  Since it is obviously not possible, I set up
the relayhost setting in my mail server to hit my ISP's mail server, and
all is well.

The next step would be for ISP's to block all inbound traffic on port 25
to their clients.  I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, I will
have to completely remove my home mail server.  Even though I won't like
it, I will have no choice at that point, as I have no choice now.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance