[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Thu Apr 22 17:47:04 GMT 2004

: My guess is that this is what happened to me.  Unfortunately, I was one
: of the customers that was once under AT&T networks until comcast bought
: out their cable rights here in my area.  When I was under AT&T I didn't
: have the problem, so it must be that everyone is sick of comcast client
: IP's.
:
: Oh well, such is life.
:

No is offended or ired at you - it is just that the Comcast network is so badly
administered, and the abuse desks so non-responsive to enforcing Terms of
Service, that the network is number 1 as the source of spam.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=hoshame#domsum

There is a movement afoot on the net to disconnect, that is to block any and
all comcast email from the rest of the interent, and that would be a killing
blow to Comcast, but it would injure their customers even more.  To me that is
a bit drastic, but Comcast will respond only to their own customers, and would
respond even better as did in the case of AOL, the loss of tons of customers
where they have alternative providers available.