[Dshield] 4899

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Thu Apr 22 19:25:25 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Marsh" <pmarsh at nmefdn.org>
To: "General DShield Discussion List" <list at lists.dshield.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 1:32 PM
Subject: [Dshield] 4899

> Anyone else seeing 4899? Not that I'm seeing a lot a few here and
> there, I've never seen them before.  The port looks to be a remote admin
> port.
>
> Thanx, Paul

TCP port 4899 is the default port for radmin, a utility similar to pc
anywhere. I've had 1768 attempts since midnight and the attempts are shown
in my logs all the way back to the beginning of april.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.