[Dshield] 4899

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Thu Apr 22 22:01:56 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Cap" <peteoutside at yahoo.com>
To: "General DShield Discussion List" <list at lists.dshield.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 4:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Dshield] 4899

> Joe,
>
> I can't speak to XP home, but to my knowledge Pro
> doesn't come with radmin out of the box...can you
> clarify please?
>
> Regards,
> Pete
>
> --- Joseph Stahley 3rd <jestahley3 at cox.net> wrote:
> > I see a lot of that port as well, it's probably
> > novices that are running
> > winxp home or pro that have the service turned on.
> >
> > Joe

I think you're referring to remote desktop (RDP / Terminal Services). This
is a different beast. Radmin is an add on packing similar to PC Anywhere.
The built in RDP for Windows XP (Pro and Home) use port 3389 for their
traffic.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.