[Dshield] 4899

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Fri Apr 23 13:18:05 GMT 2004

Paul Marsh wrote:

> Anyone else seeing 4899? Not that I'm seeing a lot a few here and
>there, I've never seen them before.  The port looks to be a remote admin
>port.

Over the past 30 days, I have been hot on this port every day.  The top
number of probes has been > 11,000, 28 of the other days have been
between 1,000 and 10,000 probes.  Right now, it is number 7 on the "top
trends" list (just above 3127 - MyDoom.)  The details can be seen at
http://216.39.204.25/cgi-bin/tarpit/paged_report.plx?trends.

--
Cheers,
Ed Truitt