[Dshield] ISP's blocking dynamic IP address mail servers

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri Apr 23 05:16:49 GMT 2004

tor, 22.04.2004 kl. 17.35 skrev Laura Vance:

> The next step would be for ISP's to block all inbound traffic on port 25
> to their clients.  I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, I will
> have to completely remove my home mail server.  Even though I won't like
> it, I will have no choice at that point, as I have no choice now.

Actually, the next step might be for you to move to an ISP that treats
one as a grown-up, like mine does. Gives me a static IP number, allows
me to run my own mail, web, whatever server etc., provided that its
border routers don't report excesses from my machines. All for €16,50 or
thereabouts per month. If it didn't, I'd move to one that did, just down
the road from me.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl