[Dshield] Port 17844

Guy Barnum GuyBarnum at Armscole.com
Fri Apr 23 16:12:29 GMT 2004

If you click on that link the first popup asks you to add
internet movies 'to your desktop' so I'm assuming it is
a client (adware/spyware etc) talking back to the host
that you are seeing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Jarvis [mailto:gaj at sympatico.ca]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 11:50 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Port 17844

I've been seeing this destination port all day, however, my firewall
provided a curious originating address that had me wondering what this
port might be for (DShield shows no use for this port at this time).

Origin  216.110.167.150:6347
Destination 67.70.xxx.xxx : 17844

Origin DNS : server.internetmovies.com

Loaded the FireFox browser and it finally located it as
http://www.internetmovies.com

I'm wondering if this is a port being used for movie sharing (similiar
to a P2P product) ?

Anyone else seen this or a rise in this destination port?

Glenn