[Dshield] Fightback Status?

Jim Race vimages at well.com
Mon Apr 26 21:34:52 GMT 2004

David Cary Hart wrote:

> If this has already been covered and I missed it, please disregard. Is
> DShield still sending Fightback notices? Even when I do it manually, it
> never shows as sent on the IP record nor do I see it on the daily
> report.

I'm seeing the same thing. In fact, in some cases it's simply impossible
to send fightbacks because no abuse address is available, even though
the displayed whois shows it prominently. I could understand if it was
some mom 'n pop ISP, but something like pacbell.net?

To be honest, it's making me wonder why I'm bothering using DShield
besides giving them (us) free stats. It's certainly not assisting me in
anyway at this point besides some pretty log parsing.

  Even the daily reports don't come though consistently and are often
based on "last" report instead of a full 24hr. period.

Johannes, are you listening? What's the benefit to us users anymore? Are
you actively working on fixing these problems?

Your last statement about this (well over a month ago) said you knew
there were issues and were "working on it".

-jim