[Dshield] InMon Corp.'s internal IDS

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 12:21:16 GMT 2004

Greetings List,

Just saw the following this morning:

The InMon corporation has developed an IDS solution which monitors internal traffic flow instead of just the perimeter in order to catch worms and such.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040427005849&newsLang=en

Your thoughts and comments on this are invited.

For myself, I wonder if this must involve some level of anomaly detection, and if so, I wonder by what methods they assess what is "anomalous enough."  Same problems I've been working on since I entered this field (of course, that was only six months ago).

Regards,

Pete