[Dshield] counter.class virus from Lavasoft Ad-aware6

Chris Tankelewicz tank at tankweb.net
Thu Apr 29 02:16:33 GMT 2004

Mike,

What I suggest that you do, it is just another step in the home pc
protection process....

There are 2 programs that I recommend highly. You will see little if any
"hits" when using Lavasofts adaware after installing these 2 programs.

1) Spyware Blaster from Javacool software:

a.. Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser
hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
a.. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
a.. Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet
Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without
interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in
the background.

2) Spyware Guard from Javacool software:
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

  a.. Fast Real-Time Scanning engine - catch and block spyware before it is
executed (EXE and CAB files supported) with signature-based scanning for
known spyware and heuristic/generic detection capabilities to catch
new/mutated spyware
  b.. Download Protection - prevent spyware from being download in Internet
Explorer
  c.. Browser Hijacking Protection - stop browser hijacking activity in
real-time
  d.. SG LiveUpdate - provides an easy updating solution
  e.. Small size - with a small size and small definition sizes, download
and updates are quick
  f.. Report Capabilities - keep a detailed log of all spyware detected
  g.. Spyware files are blocked before being opened or run - they are not
simply shut down after they are loaded in memory (and after they have
performed their tasks)
  h.. It's a free download
Chris Tankelewicz