[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following message thismorning...I'd love to hear comments/thoughts/advice:

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:13:31 GMT 2004

Considering that he is a Mac, and all these viruses are PC related,
and Macs don't have the nasty habbit of ignoring extenion and MIME
types as Windows does, making auto spreading many times less likely,
the request to treat him as non local and let him run mail directly on
his box seems very reasonable.  Well, assuming he is technical enough
to configure a mail server on the Mac.  It really isn't that hard to
do, but it could become a support issue.

Another option would be to setup a different mail server in the DMZ
that does not have all the filtering.  There is nothing wrong with
virus scanning, it's the blocking of .jpg and .html that is causing
him problems... If I were a graphic artist using a Mac, and you were
putting these silly (to a Mac user) restrictions on my e-mail, I would
be ready to strangle you...