[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following message this morning...I'd love to hear comments/thoughts/advice:

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:57:50 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 07:03, Louis Hablas wrote:
> Since most data that I receive is either .jpg or .html documents that has
> been very frustrating both for the sender and the recipient.

You're blocking .JPGs? Do you know something the rest of us don't? :)

I second the suggestion of a hardened FTP server outside the firewall.
Turn off anonymous access, and create an account for transferring files
between your users and your clients/partners/whatever.

This is also better than email attachments from a bandwidth point of
view. Remember, base64-encoding a file causes it to expand in size by
about 40%.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
Internal Systems Administrator/Guru               voice: (425) 672-1304