[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following message thismorning...I'd love to hear comments/thoughts/advice:

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:22:53 GMT 2004

It is better in terms of NET badwidth.  However, not in terms of
bandwidth that each of the end user needs to see, and thus a loss in
terms of productivity.  If it's e-mail the transfer over the slower
link between sites happens in the background.  If FTP, then one has to
go and poll the FTP server to see if something is there, instead of
getting it in an e-mail as soon as it's transferred.  Plus either the
sender or receiver must wait for the transfer (granted, other windows
could be open), but it boils down to being less productive.

Here is another option...

Have the user get a yahoo account.  It's free, and he can attach .jpg
files.  Of course this make the bandwidth issue like FTP, but still
have the convience of e-mail.