[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following message thism orning...I'd love to hear comments/thoughts/advice:

Louis Hablas Lou.Hablas at rzim.org
Tue Feb 3 20:00:41 GMT 2004

Thanks all re: the replies, including the laughs.
Yes...Steganography...that was a good one.  The reason for .jpg blocking has
to do more with some of the crap that people inside/outside of the office
pass around more than anything related to virii...but I digress.

As many of you suggested and as I'd been contemplating same, I'll probably
drop a ftp box outside of our firewall and let my graphics guy 'own' it (for
the most part).  I'm not a UNIX guy, but this might be as good a place to
jump in as anyplace.  Along these lines, what flavor would be the easiest
for me to get in place AND be secure out of the box; also, any ftp recs.
along same lines.

I could also build a Windows box, lock it down except for base services and
then install a 3rd party ftp server like Bulletproof.  Any other thoughts
re: going this route?  Any recs re: other 3rd party ftp servers to consider?

Thanks again.

Lou