[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following messagethis morning...

security@admin.fulgan.com security at admin.fulgan.com
Wed Feb 4 17:16:09 GMT 2004

I've been running this one since 1998 on a public server without any issue. I only had to do one emergency security fiy.

The installer is a little buggy, in particular if you want to run the program as a service, and there are several bugs in the management interface, but overall it has a lot of functionalities and a virtual file system that is good enough for almost any configuration.

The only real security problem I had with it was that I had to disable active FTP in order to prevent FTP bounce attacks (using XFR to bounce connections off a different machine).

Good luck,
Stephane