[Dshield] My graphics guy sent me the following message this morning...

Guillaume Lederrey Gehel-Lists at LedCom.ch
Wed Feb 4 22:40:46 GMT 2004

John Hardin wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 08:27, security at admin.fulgan.com wrote:
>

>>If you're on the cheap side, using SSH tunnelling is a cheap way to
>>protect your command channel and login password without too much
>>configuration. Just remember that this only applies to the command
>>channel: the data channel (where your files and directory listing are
>>being transmitted) is still in clear text.
>

> SFTP.
>
> Granted it doesn't have tab completion, but...

   Actually, you can have tab completion with scp (with bash completion
enabled).  You'll need to have an ssh-agent doing the authentication
thought ...  there might also be a trick to use that with sftp ...

	Guillaume