[Dshield] vunerability windows

Chuck Lewis clewis at iquest.net
Fri Feb 6 17:00:55 GMT 2004

Erwin,

I agree with what you say, but that last paragraph, will true, gets harder.
These more recent virus offerings have gotten very good at masking
themselves to normal users. If these users are used to getting emails from
workers or friends that contain attachments, when a virus reads ones address
list and fires these off, it is, unfortunately, more challenging for these
users. That is, as had been stated, this stuff needs to be trapped at the
email server and never even get to our users :-)

JMHO,

Chuck