[Dshield] vunerability windows

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:19:53 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 04:25, Andy Streule wrote:

> I was wondering what peoples ideas were on how to mimise the windows.

Trivial answer: do not accept executable file attachments on email from
the Internet. Period.

It has worked very well for us over the past few years.

The fact that worms are starting to embed their attacks in .ZIP files
complicates this, but we blocked the non-.ZIP novarg variants from the
start without any special configuration.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
Internal Systems Administrator/Guru               voice: (425) 672-1304