[Dshield] Spam: random words at start of message

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Sun Feb 8 08:44:01 GMT 2004

On Feb 2, 2004, at 3:23 AM, peterg at mildewhall.com wrote:

> I've received a different kind of spam today - the usual forged
> headers,
> but this time a string of random dictionary words at the start of the
> message body. Also at te end of the message.. Anyone else seen this ?

Oh yes,  it's just a feeble attempt on the part of spammers to try and
fool the Baysian filters.  We get this a lot,  but are able to
effectively
filter them by pre-filtering before we pass it to the Baysian filters.

Spammers are so bent on trying to fool the filters,  that the actual
messages themselves are so convoluted,  nobody can even read them (spam)
anymore.

John