[Dshield] vunerability windows

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:04:39 GMT 2004

> one of these days, i expect to see a virus that not only leeches
everyones
> bandwidth but steals computer power.
> like distributed processing. mmmmmm. 1 million pcs parallel
processing.
> although i cant think of a good reason why criminals or spammers for
that
> matter would want/need that much processing power. It sounds like a
good
> plot for a movie. "Mad scientist solves the secrets of the ???? b4
> goverment
> with his 1 million parrallel processing pcs assembled using a worm
virus"

How about Microsoft's plan to make sending messages compute intensive:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040205/wr_nm/tech_
microsoft_spam_dc_3
That would give spammers a need for that much processing power...

> infact a movie about identity theft thru computer infection would
probably
> be a good way of getting the message across seeing as nothing else
seems
> be working.

Not an exact match, but how about the movie "Catch me if you can".