[DShield] 3127/tcp by Doomjuice (Kaspersky) - MyDoom takeover?

Erik van Straten emvs.dsh.3FB4CC72 at cpo.tn.tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 9 18:46:41 GMT 2004

List,

I've observed a rapid increase in 3127/tcp scans from seemingly
random IP's. They're sequentially scanning our IP's, bottom-up.

These seem to match Kasperky's Doomjuice (published ~ 2 hours ago):
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/alert.html?id=930701

Details, incl. address generation algorithm:
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=930677

Supposedly it also causes a DDoS agains Microsoft.

Note that this one seems to differ from Symantec's Deadhat:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.deadhat.html

According to Symantec's description, Deadhat scans 3127/tcp, 3128/tcp
and 1080/tcp (I've seen one or two of those).

Regards,
Erik van Straten