[DShield] 3127/tcp by Doomjuice (Kaspersky) - MyDoom takeover?

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 00:47:41 GMT 2004

This Interesting

Thursday, I saw an slight increase from 5 snort sensors (different DMZ's)
with Scan Proxy (1080) and Scan Squid Proxy (3128).  Same IP's for both
ports. So as this peaked my interest, when I looked showed no payloads.
This I presumed was due to the "lack" of MY doom "NOT" being present.. It
was a scan to see who would respond. Those scans (IP's) were then added to
the ACL's (reject). As I looked this morning there was an increase in
traffic from New IP's

The source port seemed random TCP port and the destination TCP port was
targeted to 3128 or 1080 the packets appear identical.

I hate word wrap but here goes.

<Quote from Snort>

Meta    ID #    Time    Triggered Signature
         1 - 44077       2/9/2004 4:46   [snort] SCAN Squid Proxy
attempt
         Sensor  name    interface       filter
                 MERIDIAN:DevicePacket (trimed)  DevicePacket (trimed)    none
         Alert     none
         Group

IP      source addr           dest addr                 Ver     Hdr Len
TOS     length  ID      flags   offset  TTL     chksum
         80.128.54.37    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
4       5       0       52      40273   0       0       115     18521
         FQDN    Source Name     Dest.
Name
                 p50803625.dip.t-dialin.net       Unable to resolve
address
         Options     none

TCP     source  dest    R       R       U       A       P       R       S
     F       seq #   ack     offset  res     window  urp     chksum
         port      port          1       0       R       C       S       S
      Y       I
                                         G       K       H       T       N
         2221    3128                                                    X
              3750972217      0       8       0       32767   0       36193
         Options         code    length  data

                 #1      MSS     2       05A0

                 #2      NOP     0

                 #3      WS      1       0