[Dshield] MyDoom-A/B and Organized Crime

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Tue Feb 10 02:37:45 GMT 2004

On Feb 9, 2004, at 3:21 PM, John Hardin wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 12:08, Jon R. Kibler wrote:
>
>> There is some hacker in Poland that claims to "own" a half-million
>> hijacked system and will lease them to anyone for any purpose. (I
>> posted a link regarding this a few months ago.)
>
> Somebody ought to lease them for the purpose of cleaning them up...

I'm doing a good job of that myself, and I don't have to think about
leasing them.   I have a spam magnet,  so these infected hosts are
telling me who they are,  so I can close them all down.

Hopefully my auto-reporting system will soon be finished,  then I can
shut down more then 2000 per day....  I just need time to work on it,
to finish it...  but I also have to work for other people to pay the
bills.

John