[DShield] 3127/tcp by Doomjuice (Kaspersky) - MyDoom takeover?

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 16:49:46 GMT 2004

Blake,

CISCO/Linksys has recently come out with a new SOHO router called the
RV802.  I was reviewing the user guide for it and I noticed that is
supports log output in syslog format to a syslog server. The other
router products from Cisco/Linksys (e.g. BEFSR41, BEFSX41) as you know
use simple SNMP traps to, for example, the Linksys Logviewer app, and, I
presume, to your own software product,  LinkLogger, for reporting log
events.  I may be misinterpreting the RV802 user guide but I surmise
that it will NOT work with Logview or with your own product since there
is no mention of those simple SNMP traps, only the syslog method. Do you
have any experience with this product yet? I have a unit coming my way
from Amazon which I plan test out/shakedown.  I had been hoping that
this product would support VLANS but such is not the case. I guess the
cost of the silicon to support VLAN's does not yet justify the
production of such a unit in the price range of the RV802 (~$300 @ list).

Please feel free to response off list if you prefer.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International