[Dshield] MyDoom-A/B and Organized Crime

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:02:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:09, Joseph Stahley 3rd wrote:
> Just a thought here, but has anyone even considered, that these viruses,
> trojans and worms are developed by people who may be getting paid under the
> table by the same companies that provide firewalls, virus programs, spam
> blocking etc..?

Oh, it's certainly *possible*, but I sincerely doubt it, at least on the
part of the larger vendors. After all, the downside risk is enormous.
Consider what would happen to, say, Symantec, if proof were found of
them having such a relationship with a malware author?

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
Internal Systems Administrator/Guru               voice: (425) 672-1304