[Dshield] MS04-0007?

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Wed Feb 11 16:50:09 GMT 2004

I got one report from a user off list about a Win2003 system going into
an infinite reboot cycle after patching.

I patched one XP Pro and one Win2003 AS system without problems
(the Win2003 AS system is a very simple test install).

One reason it took MSFT so long to fix this bug is the fact that
these libraries are used by many subsystems. Apply them with care to
critical systems, but don't try to delay this patch for too long.

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org