[Dshield] MyDoom-A/B and Organized Crime

Deb Hale haled at pionet.net
Thu Feb 12 00:19:20 GMT 2004

I just have to respond to this.  It is true that there is a lot of spam
offering antivirus and firewalls - however - all of it that I have seen is
offering "illegal" versions of the program.  After all I have yet to see
McAfee or Norton sell their product this way - especially for $14.95, $19.95
or some other ridiculously low price. Therefore, I am pretty sure that these
spam emails are not coming from them.  :)

Deb