[Dshield] anti-mydoom worm

Jonathan jono at ritc.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 17:48:26 GMT 2004

I noticed that the general mood on google news that it was
all over; everyone breath a sigh of relief.

It looks like the spammers got what they wanted; total
confusion, SCO blaming Linux (well everyone really), Microsoft
blaming users for not patching, *nix admins blaming SMTP, and loads
of spam ready machines.

Its frustrating that there dosent seem to be any concerted
effort to actually find the people responsible; unless we
count the FBI grabbing a kid in his bedroom in the next
week or so and making "an example" of them.

Someones paying these guys to do this and their web sites
are in my SPAM filter. Its them that the powers that be need
to go after... once the cash dries up so will the spam.

jono

--
Instant Hosting			http://www.hostingnow.co.uk/
				01223 503190