[Dshield] Microsoft ASN.1

Bruyere, Michel mbruyere at ezemcanada.com
Thu Feb 12 20:57:16 GMT 2004

> This could SO easily be stymied if all of these broadband providers would
> provide a Linksys, etc router to do NAT, etc. The buying volume this folks
> have is immense and they could to that and not hardly increase the price
in
> my opinion ! The reality is that most don't even MENTION that there will
be
> any kind of problem. To me that is inexcusable...

Until lately a big ISP here was prohibiting the use of such devices. They
wanted you to pay for a second IP if you wanted to put a second computer
behind the cable modem. If you called the Tech sup and told the guy that you
had a router/nat device, he immediately told you "sorry, your configuration
is not supported. Please remove the devices and call back later."

We are damn far from what you propose here...

M.Bruyere
NB.: you guessed it, I'm not with them ;)