[Dshield] Windoze Questions...

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Fri Feb 13 06:03:39 GMT 2004

:
: I think the best answer that I can offer is about the performance of Snort
: in the Win32 and Nix environments. I have 5 Win32's and one Nix. The Nix
: machine and Win32 are on comparable hardware. The real difference is how
: vigilant you are with rulesets (or writing quick rules to stay current with
: events). In My case the 6 machines other than one are at remote locations
: and would take two days to drive to them all (5 DMZ's). Over the past three
: years other than driving like crazy to patch the MS Side, they are all
: running and I still own them. The Uptime is outstanding.
:

Hello Al;
Just one comment, if you are running windows boxes at remote locations, I wonder
if you have considered "Remote Desktop"  and connect to those machine via
Terminal Services and save all that driving.?/

If you don't have the program, I will be glad to provide a link to download it.