[Dshield] Microsoft ASN.1

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Fri Feb 13 20:31:52 GMT 2004

We don't -- if we'd managed to figure out a nice way to do it, we would.
I've periodically tried, but it's too much of a pain to get the update
CD to even work properly to make it worth the effort. Generally speaking
our network is clean (it's small enough that not much gets in without
someone finding out and fixing it really quick, and its size makes it
easier to manage exactly what gets brought in on laptops), but
eventually I'd like to set up some ethernet line in the server room
somewhere where the only traffic you can get is DNS to our server and
HTTP to Windows Update, specifically for cleanly setting up new
machines. It will be a long time before that happens, though -- we have
bigger problems to worry about.

Speaking of which (OFF-TOPIC alarms, feel free to start blaring), I'm
investigating trying to use linux-ha software (heartbeat, mon, etc.) to
build a failover router system. Anyone done this, have suggestions,
better ways, preferred distros for the purpose, etc?

Josh Tolley