[Dshield] Mydoom (A, B) and Doomjuice.A Worm Removal Tool (KB836528), 2/13/2004

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Sat Feb 14 17:08:28 GMT 2004

Oh, this is nice. MS has a removal tool for *doom* trojans. It only shows up
if you need to remove the item. It's also available for the SUS servers as
well. This is actually not a bad move in my opinion, with the exception of
one small item.

On the SUS servers that I'm running, I can synchronize to get the update,
select the tool item, go to approve, and of course as normal, the legal
acceptance notice comes up. You know, where you can't install unless you
accept the item. Well, the problem is, that there's nothing to allow you to
accept or decline. So, you can't accept it, can't install it, and without
approving it, you can't use it in a SUS environment. Even though, MS has
sent a notice out saying that SUS content has been updated.

"You have received this message because Software Update Services has made
updated content available. Please synchronize your server running Software
Update Services with the Windows Update download servers. By synchronizing
your server, you will gain access to the most current list of updates"

Anyone else seen this yet?

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration