[Dshield] "Academic Freedom" vs Computer Security

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 22:00:41 GMT 2004

Alex,

thanks for your post. I got into an argument a few months ago while at a
wireless security product supplier's seminar with a sales guy from
another company who made the blanket, cynical, and, in my estimation,
totally bogus assertion that universities & edu's don't care about
security. I have from time to time spoken to admins/managers/cio's/cto's
from such orgs and I know their job is not easy especially in the kind
of environment you describe. I'll keep your post handy in case I run
into one of these cynics in the future.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad