[Dshield] http:///?%20 question.

Nick Harley nickharley at bcbsal.org
Mon Feb 16 14:59:51 GMT 2004

In the past, I've seen %20 used in leiu of spaces in email and web
addresses.

>>> keith at keithbergen.com 2/14/2004 3:12:58 PM >>>
I was helping a friend with his 98 box. I noticed that when I tried to
access the web site of his router (192.168.1.254), and I typed the IP
address in the address bar (IE 6), it actually came out as:
http:///?%20192.168.1.254

Any idea what that is? I downloaded Stinger, and it didn't find any
virii. I
also ran Ad-aware, and found nothing but a couple of cookies.

I googled for "http:///?%20" but only found a couple of pages that
asked
about that.

Keith.

--

"Life is like an analogy"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.