[Dshield] MS SUS (formerly Mydoom (A, B) and Doomjuice.A Worm Removal Tool (KB836528), 2/13/2004)

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 16:29:41 GMT 2004

Paul,

I assume the missing word in your post is "waste". I have not used
either product to date but I am familiar with both. Can you elaborate on
why you think SUS is worthless, especially since it is also free? I know
that Microsoft is reasonably up front about the limitations of SUS and
positions it for the small to medium enterprise to ease the management
of Microsoft OS security patches.  As you are probably aware Microsoft
also has Systems Management Server (SMS)  for managing large deployments
of Microsoft systems. I don't know very much about that product but I
know that it is NOT free.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad