[Dshield] MS SUS (formerly Mydoom (A, B) and Doomjuice.A WormRemoval Tool (KB836528), 2/13/2004)

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Mon Feb 16 17:31:12 GMT 2004

 Sorry about that, the caffeine had not set in yet.
 The problem with SUS is exactly that the limitations stated my MS.
 Back when I was testing it you could not push SP's, only hot fixes.
 I don't know if they have fixed this limitation or not? Why go halfway
and need
 another tool when you could go all the way with one tool HFNetChk.
 SUS was designed and created by Shavlik for MS, MS just chooses to use
 a watered down version.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good tool but it
still
 has a way too go. I just don't feel comfortable waiting.
 SMS is a good product but very cumbersome and pricy.

Again IMO

Thanx, Paul