[Dshield] Slightly OT: Nigerian Slain Over E-Mail Scam

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 02:01:04 GMT 2004

John,

thanks for sharing this post. To me it brings home the point that
criminal behavior can bring about criminal revenge. Unfortunately such
street revenge is not the same thing as civilized justice. The example
in the Wired Magazine article does serve to point out that what we are
dealing with can and does from time to time  turn very serious with
tragic consequences for the victim and/or the perpetuator. This is why I
always like to point out that black hat behavior is in fact criminal
whether perpetrated by an adult or a child and whether  it is social
engineering, grifter type behavior, trojan/keystroke logging, malware
distribution or whatever and is not a laughing matter, not that anyone
on this list would laugh about it.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad